Dissapearing 4 patch quilt design - TLC Mom

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dissapearing 4 patch quilt design

I've been hankering to make a quilt. For a bit I wasn't sure who I'd make the quilt for then it dawned on me, I have yet to make anything for us and our bedroom.

SO I set out on a bit of a search with pinterest's help to figure out what design I think would look best.

Then came the even harder part, the color theme. I have such a hard time visualizing the colors all together in a finished quilt. So while looking on fabric.com and adding things to my design wall (a nifty tool that I'm thankful for). I still didn't feel satisfied, I mean I knew color wise they were a good fit but what about when you start making it into a quilt. It's a different story all together.

It was at this time that Photoshop was calling my name. I picked out my design (the disappearing 4 patch quilt). I copied the photos on fabric.com and put them into my Photoshop. I then started dissembling and reassembling as if I would with a rotary cutter and sewing machine.

I was finally able to get a real time visual of what my quilt would look like (minus dimensions) before committing to the fabric.

Here is my finished design. For those who may be interested in what fabrics I used for this digital preview of my quilt, well 2 versions. I'll have to get Paul's input on which one he would like on our bed. 

Fabrics:
  1. Oriental Traditions Metallic Flower Bunches Antique
  2. Oriental Traditions Metallic Delicate Vines Natural
One panel of the quilt
Finished Quilt Version 2
Finished Quilt Version 1







No comments: