Spring has sprung! - TLC Mom

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Spring has sprung!


Spring is here!! I'm an all seasons kind of gal who doesn't normally get so vocal about spring arriving. But after this cold winter filled with mounds of snow I'm a bit delighted to go outside with my family without having to bundle everything.

This weekend was absolutely divine. So much so we were able to finally get to work outside on some yard work that was so desperately needed. Anastasia played with her mega blocks and on occasion rushed to the back side of the house where the dog was being vocal in his kennel. Not to mention her fascination with rocks. What is it with kids, rocks and their mouths? I'd ask Anastasia to put the rock down, to which she'd actually listen, but in bending down and placing the rock ever so nicely on the ground her hand started searching for another rock. She's too smart for her own good :P. I'm really looking forward to our first full spring/summer in our own home. The garden plans we have are already being set in motion (which I must say I'm proud of us for. It's easy to put it off and honestly in other rental homes I was always so 'meh' about weeding and garden bed upkeep. But when it's your own property I actually took delight in weeding and turning up the garden beds.

Little miss Anastasia has been doing well. Her language is starting to really take off. She now says one, two, three on her own. Her eating is meh, could be better. She's like her father picky picky picky. She could dine on fruit and veggies and be perfectly happy with that.

I'm as always enjoying watching her grow and become this little girl, with a spirited and inquisitive mind. Always so expressive some times in a not so pretty way ;). She keeps us on our toes and ALWAYS laughing.

This year we've also started making more of an effort to skype. Especially with my family who is so far away. I'm amazed at where technology has taken us and the fact that I can see the ones I love and not feel so detached is really really nice. Seeing my little niece and nephews is awesome. You don't feel like they're going to forget you. Having Anastasia see her cousins and grandparents helps her become familiar with them.

Welcome spring, many have waited for you to arrive.

Including this blue eyed beauty

I may be biased, but isn't she so beautiful?


No comments: