Dolly Parton's Imagination Library - Books for your children - TLC Mom

Friday, August 15, 2014

Dolly Parton's Imagination Library - Books for your children




 If you're like me, I love books and I especially love reading to my daughter. I look forward to the day that she can read back to me. Everyone loves a bed time story, I don't care how big of a kid you are hahaha.

A friend of mine mentioned this program called Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. Instantly I fell in love with the concept but was really bummed when the program wasn't offered in my area. The program works by having volunteer's be head of their town's program.Given that I was just expecting my daughter at the time, it wasn't something I was able to under take. A time has passed since I first researched it. And for some reason it came back to me. I doubted that it would be offered in my area. But to my surprise there's an affiliate program in my town! I am so excited to sign Anastasia up for this!

Basically what the program entails is your child gets a free book every month until they are 5 years of age. If you have more then one child you'll need to register each one individually. The amazing thing about this program not only the generosity but also that it's being offered USA, Canada, UK, and Australia. The fact that this program is reaching more countries is amazing and I'm delighted that it's being offered so many places. Hopefully that expands even further as the months and years progress. If you're able and willing to donate to help you can do that here.

Books are I feel important to our children and their growth. I feel it offers a bonding time that TV and other activities just don't. Nothing beats snuggling up to my daughter and reading her a story. Or watching her with her father. Right now her passion for books comes in the form of eating the pages but I'm sure that'll change over time haha.

I'm putting this out there because I feel like others should look into the program and see if there's availability in their area. I'm especially excited that more than just my American readers can participate in this program.

Happy Reading all!

Anastasia and Paul Christmas Eve. This photo melts my heart



No comments: