You're Remarkable in my eyes! - TLC Mom

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

You're Remarkable in my eyes!

Sometimes it's so nice to take a step back and truly appreciate the gifts in our life.

I've been amazed watching my daughter grow into this little girl. In just 11 she's taking steps on her own, exploring, is so inquisitive, laughs and laughs and laughs when the dog gives her attention, to how she loves to thumb through books to see the fanning effect. To see her interacting and reaching these milestones touches my heart.

It also makes me do a double take. Where did my baby go? A thing I'm sure I'll say again and again. Long gone are the days where she needed me to take her from place to place, where she needed me for feedings and can now feed herself. Shooing away my hand at any attempts to help. She's growing, we're growing with her as parents. It's been an exciting, scary, tiring, fun, fulfilling 10 months thus far.

I still cherish her cuddles as I feel those will get few and far between as she grows. Something about your little girl climbing up in your lap as you sit on the floor and play with her makes you smile. Even more so when she comes to me to cuddle up and rest.

Then there's the thoughts of we made this beautiful little girl! Insert gushing... A thing I don't take lightly and am very grateful for.

I find myself wondering what the years will bring. Who this little girl will become with the help of us and through her own life experiences. I don't want to speed up time because I wouldn't wish away any minute of her life. She's been amazing from the day she was born. I truly mean that.

This little girl amazes me, makes me smile both inside and out, laugh, cry and her little soul heals whatever is ailing me in the moment. I look at her and am overcome with love and admiration of her.  What a blessing she's been to us, to me and my own healing efforts. You don't realize how broken your heart is after infertility until your child holds your heart in their hands and infuses it with an overwhelming amount of love, innocence, laughter.


No comments: