Monday Craft Share -Halloween fun - TLC Mom

Monday, October 20, 2014

Monday Craft Share -Halloween fun

Have you ever had one of those days where you attempt to be creatively productive but just aren't? I had one of those days the other day. Paul and Anastasia played while I attempted to do some embroidering. I got out my supplies, even organized a bit of it. (Progress I guess?) Sit down at my computer, and.... nothing. I was inspired to do some work but just didn't know what. Hmm should have thought of that before hand.

So after an hour of being in my head wondering what I was going to do I decided to put everything away. I kept out my embroidery machine as a reminder of the wasted hour. By 9pm after Anastasia went to bed I finally had an idea. At 9PM! I have no clue why I do this to myself. I must not enjoy my sleep much.

I knew I wanted to make my daughter a Halloween shirt. I had been putting it off for a few weeks and had been doing so much for other people, be it photos or other designs. So it was time I did a little something for her. The previous day I managed to make 5 different style of headbands. I think my husband almost had a heart attack seeing me use all the materials I bought over the past few months (yay for me.) Not to mention I had been wanting to build a headband stash for ages just never had the time or motivation. I'd even look online to buy some headbands but I'd stop because I knew I had the materials to make something very similar. But there I'd sit and wait. So yay for that.

So there I was knowing what I wanted to do but her one black shirt that I was going to use was in the wash. Damn... I knew I had a bunch of blank white onesies so I started thinking again. I couldn't use the design destined for her black shirt, so had to come up with another idea. Seemed like I was back at square one, like earlier in the day. Pinterest and Google images are a god send. Slowly I started piecing together a design based on the photo inspirations.

After all was said and done by 12:30 I was adding my comfort interlining fabric and this beauty was done. Not bad for essentially a days worth of work and thinking. haha. The shirt went well with a burlap headband I had made the day prior. I love it when outfits come together like this. Moreover a sense of gratification that it was made with a bit of love and is in it's own little way, unique.






If you love the shirt and the headband, please show some love by clicking the banner below. You know you want to :P If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments: