Approaching a year - TLC Mom

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Approaching a year

Not so thrilled about her costume but she tolerated it :)
It's true what they say about life just flying by after you have children. I'm stunned that we're coming up on Anastasia's first birthday. I've been so busy getting things together, embroidering her birthday shirt and making rock candy (that's been fun ;) and another post for after her birthday).



I look at her and see how much she's grown, and I'm truly amazed. I mean I realized kids grew up, but I've come to really appreciate just how much growing they do especially in the first year of life. Having a little girl walking around, playing peek a boo on cue (hiding her body behind an object then popping out, her intelligence is amazing. It's those little things I never fully appreciated as someone looking at other peoples kids. I now understand the excitement behind a child's first word, or for any word after that. The excitement that they're picking up and properly using baby sign, or how she knows to put the ball in the hold. Little things but I beam and smile so huge.

Her personality is really shining through. Stubborn, intelligent, inquisitive, beautiful, tender, funny and very very expressive.
Waving and giving the Vulcan Salute
Daddy joining in on the fun <3

I do get a little emotional but that emotions are replaced by not longing to have that year back but an excitement and anticipation of what's to come. I can never stop my baby girl from growing up. All I can do is fully take in those moments, every moment that matters to us. Document it in some way but live in the moment and enjoy. I feel so satisfied like we've done that and more. I don't regret anything.

Some do wonder how I feel about being a working mom and missing out on things. I don't feel I have. I don't regret our decision to put her in daycare. I feel it's helped her grow and socialize in ways we can't give her even if it was just her and I at home. I feel so complete, content and happy with the choices we've made over this year. All of the big life changes from having her to buying our first home. We met our five year plan and man did I think that wasn't going to happen (well 5.5 year plan I suppose ;) )

No comments: