New year, New Word - New Name and Look! - TLC Mom

Monday, December 29, 2014

New year, New Word - New Name and Look!

Our life has been in serious chaos since we moved in July. When we moved it was such an exciting thing (it still is mind you). Now that the novelty of owning our own home has worn off I feel we've got so much work to do. So much so many ideas seem to be flowing out of me with no place to organize them. With the new year coming up I feel it's best that I come up with my new years resolution word. I love having words of the year because it can encompass so much but doesn't tie you down to one particular thing.

My word for 2015 is......



Shocking right? With a house that needs to be made a home and frankly our life feeling disorganized until it's done this needs to be my priority for 2015. I'm shamefully admitting that boxes are still in rooms. When company comes we cram whatever doesn't have a spot into one of those said rooms. Everything needs to have a spot. We need to de-clutter and organize.

You may have also noticed another change around here, we've changed our name! I don't really like the design I did so that is still in the works. But I feel it better encompasses what this blog is about. TLC Mom is who I am. I love to put thought and love into what I do be it for my daughter, husband, family or friends. I love adding my own personal touch to things that we own. Being unique (in a way) is important to me. So adding these little personal touches in our life gives Paul and I a sense of accomplishment as I know I'll be needing his help greatly this year to help achieve what we have planned for our home. 

-- Back to the topic at hand --
I've fallen head over heels for a blog called IHeart Organizing. If you haven't checked her blog out please do it's filled with so many tips and tricks! It's what inspired my 2015 word of the year.

Over the next few months I'll be sharing what I've learned from other sites and pinterest with my own special twist and as an added bonus making the files available to you to download.

If you are a blogger who would love for me to check out your organization tips and have me add my own special twist with inspirational credit to you please message me. I'm excited for this blog and thank you so much for reading!

No comments: