Anastasia Update - 1/29/15 - TLC Mom

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Anastasia Update - 1/29/15



When did you get to be this grown little girl?
It's been almost 3 months since I've done an update on Anastasia.

Her growth in only a few short months astonishes me, pretty much every time I gush about it. I'll admit I never 'got' why parents were so over the moon about the smallest things. Then I had a little girl who I got to teach those things to and it all changed for me.

The rate that she picks up on things makes my heart melt. She repeats "one, two, three" or will chime in when we're about to say three. Pretty neat if I do say so myself. She'll now come up to us and sign + say "please" with this huge grin on her face. I can't tell you how much I LOVE that she's learned manner minded words. She's so proud of herself especially when she says please. I like that she both signs and says it, we were worried that she'd just stick to signing and not verbally say what she wanted. So now we get a lot of "More" "Apples" (well App - el) lol and "Please" often used together ;).


Also when did my kid start pushing me out the door when we drop her off at daycare? Kind of made me do a sad face when I handed her over to her Daycare provider. Right after we did she starts waving and saying "Byeeee" "byee". Now I admit I'm happy she's not having a crying fit but lets make this a slow transition kid!

I have to admit for our family teaching her to sign has been a great decision. It's allowed us to bridge the gap in her communication skills and what she wants. Knowing what she wants and not having to play the guessing game is a huge relief.

Oh and still to this day she LOVES the bath. As soon as we mention it she just runs around saying "Baah" "Baah!" pulling at her clothes trying to take them off. What a peach she is.I have a feeling she's forever going to be my little mermaid.

There are times when I cuddle with her that I whisper to her "Never grow up." By that I mean I hope she never looses her zest for life, giggling for no other reason because she's happy. Bouncing her ball and feting so much enjoyment out of us passing it back and forth to her. Splashing in the tub making our shirts soaked from all the fun.

No comments: