Pucker up Smoothie - Recipe - TLC Mom

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Pucker up Smoothie - Recipe

(photos will be included sometime this week)

For the past few weeks I've been on a smoothie kick. About 10 years ago I tasted perhaps one of the most delicious and tart smoothies I'd ever had in my life. I have been trying so hard for all those years to recreate that smoothie with no luck. I think I may have made a close second. Then again sometimes things we remember in our childhood is always remembered sweeter (in my case tarter lol).

So when we had some fruit that really needed to be used up one of those Facebook food recipes came up at the right time. Bagged smoothie bags. I was excited because this not only challenged me to pre plan my meals. HELLO ORGANIZATION ;) and perhaps try my hand at getting a smoothie that I really liked.

Boy did I ever :)

I used Anastasia's baby bullet for this as I only want to make a small cup and it allowed for me to make 8 oz without having to worry about the amount of water/juice I needed to add.

Pucker Up Smoothie:

Bag assembly: (Per bag)
1/4 apple sliced up (there will be enough to put into 4 bags so portion out appropriately).
1/4 banana
5 raspberries
3 strawberries
I take the baggies and freeze them. when using a bag that hasn't been frozen I just add a bit of ice.

Smoothie time:
Add the frozen bag of fruit.
3 scoops of plain yogurt
2 oz Cranberry or apple juice. I mostly use cranberry
4 to 5 oz of water
Blend.
Half a table spoon of protein powder. (I add this after I've taken out 2 oz  of smoothie for Anastasia to have)
Blend.

Enjoy! Let me know your thoughts or your own rendition.

-----------------
If you have a moment and found this post helpful, please click the following banner to vote for our blog. All you need to do is click the banner and it puts in a vote. No sign up required. Thank you!!!
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments: