Bring it on 2014! - TLC Mom

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Bring it on 2014!


We ring in the new year as parents. Which is something I never thought would have happened. Anastasia managed to stay up until midnight (not to our surprise  haha ) with her two cousins passed out in lazy boy chairs. It was so very fitting to have her snuggled in my arms as we shouted out Happy New Year. We truly can't wait to see what 2014 has in store. Today she had her photos taken with her cousins. I'm a picture freak and just always love to capture moments and document these things. So it'd be out of character if I didn't share a couple photos haha.

 

 I want to leave you with my new years thoughts.

As I look at my daughter this new year and reflect on where life has taken us in the past 2 years alone. I feel a bitter sweet calm come over me, I look at my facebook page and see the amazing support we've had in the good times and especially the bad. I don't think any of you realize how greatly your thoughts and support has been to both Paul and myself over these years. I honestly don't think I could say it enough. Realizing that our daughter was brought home a year to the day that we lost our last child Angela just brings things full circle. Remembering how empty my heart was in 2012 and just how full it feels after 2013 is incredible. I'll always have 4 tiny holes in my heart those will never fill but day by day, moment by moment it gets easier.

I truly think this little daughter of ours is a product of not only our determination to never give up but more importantly our massive support system helping us never loose sight of the ultimate prize. As I look at my daughter I know (as I knew before she was even conceived) she'd be worth every tear, every heartache felt. As we wave goodbye to 2013 we move on from a very very big chapter in our lives. One I'm finally happy to move on from. Infertility changed who we are as people and likely who we are as parents. I will never forget what has happened or those who walked hand in hand with me, ('you' will always hold a very special place in my heart and I'm always cheering 'you' on ) but with everything in our life there needs to be a platform from which we move on, never forgetting but not letting the past take away from what is.

It's amazing how one little girl can do so much to you. So goodbye 2013 you brought us so much hope and you allowed us to live again, feel happiness again.

If 2013 wasn't a good year for you overall for whatever the reasons that may be please know I'm hoping for an amazing 2014 for everyone one. One that is filled with more laughter than tears, more hello's than goodbyes, and more love than you could ever imagine.

No comments: