Nap time Crafts - 1st edition - TLC Mom

Friday, February 7, 2014

Nap time Crafts - 1st edition

This past weekend I decided to make some leg warmers. This inspiration came from buying a few that were free but had to pay shipping. After looking at them I realized "Amanda you really could have made these yourself for less than what you paid for shipping." Doh! Oh well, sometimes it's okay to pay for convince when you have a child.

But the creative bug in me just really wanted to feel accomplished in making something. So I set out and grabbed a few different tutorials then just winged it from there. Most of them were the same where you take knee high socks and cut the foot part off (I bought my knee highs at Target, they have a great selection of patterns and I only paid $2.50 per pair). Then where the rest of the foot is (not the leg part) you cut that straight piece of fabric. Then you're left with something like this. That little bit of fabric you cut from the foot will become your foot cuff. I trimmed mine down so that it would hug her ankle just a little.
this is what your left with, after everything is cut
Anastasia modeling a pair


Then I sewed the cuff on. (harder than I realized as the tube shape was too small to slip on my machine. So a lot of fabric working was done. There was probably an easier way to sew it (like a thread and needle) but I made due :) The nice thing about this craft is you can really do it if you don't have a sewing machine at all.

Overall I loved how they turned out. Anastasia has worn them a few times and doesn't seem to have an issue. She has some room to grow into them.The convenience of these are really nice. Sometimes I really don't want to use leggings on her as I find the bands can sometimes be to tight around her belly. So I can slip these on her without worrying. Also what's really nice is I can slide these on under her on piece dresses (the ones with the onesies attached) and the look so cute.

Anastasia bundled up after another frigid week




2 comments:

  1. I do nap time crafts too! Love this!! Anastasia is just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ashley, it was fun doing some nap time crafts. Definitely making a point of trying to do this once a week. Helps me stay creative while making useful inexpensive items for Anastasia :).

      Your Forrest is such a Handsome young man!

      Delete