Nap time Crafts - Vol #2 - TLC Mom

Monday, February 10, 2014

Nap time Crafts - Vol #2


Really loving this nap time crafting. Sometimes at the expense of house work  . In my defense though these needed to be done and the end result was priceless

This weekend during nap time crafts I set out to make some fabric flowers and ruffled bloomers for my daughter's 3 month photos (See I told you there was a need to get crafty ) The headband was really simple to make. I went to walmart and looked at their ribbon selection.

From there I found something that resembled a cute headband. Because ribbon is not very forgiving I decided to get a little crafty. I didn't want to sew on an elastic because then it'd bunch up my headband. (How to photos to come).

Items needed:
- 1/4 inch elastic (You can use whatever size you prefer this is just what worked with the band I chose).
- scissors
- Ribbon you want for your headband
- hot glue gun

Assembly is really easy. I took the ribbon and measured my babies head with it. I then took off approximately 2 inches off of the original measurement. Then I took my elastic and cut a 1 1/2 inch piece. Took the band and put it on both cut ends of the ribbon and used my hot glue gun to glue the pieces on.

Really quick and easy to do when you need a cute headband in a pinch.

Here's everything I made. Mind you I cheated (Please forgive me ) as some of these weren't all done during nap time. My husband helped while I crafted away.  The nice thing about all of these are that I am now building my photography props up. Knowing how much it took to make these and how much I'd spend on purchasing these from a prop store makes me want to hug my wallet :)

Never hurts to have choices on hand :) all of these have clips on them making them easy to attach to a headband or even a brimmed/crochet hat.

One of the finished headbands

Bloomers, my first attempt at making these. Love how they turned out.

A closer view of one of the flowers.

Items in Action
Finished products in use. I'm more partial to the model than the items though. ;)

No comments: