Mothers Day - Gifts - TLC Mom

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mothers Day - Gifts

Lets Talk mothers day for a moment. This is the first mothers day that I'll be spending with a living child. I know it's going to have an entirely new feel to it all together.

I have had my husband in the past ask me what I'd like for gifts more to give him hints. I'm typically the no fuss type of gift receiver. I love giving gifts to others and will be doing some fun things for my mother and Pauls mom for mothers day this year.

What do I like in a gift? The fact that it can't be bought in stores. I'm one of those people who loves getting hand made cards, or having an indoor picnic on the floor of our living room, handmade item of any kind, or a personalized item. It means more to me than any gift I could ever get to have something that as I said before can't be bought in stores. The sentiment is more meaningful to me.

One of the best gifts besides my daughter that my husband has given me, well there's 2.

1. On our 4th Anniversary he took me to a local park that had these beautiful falls. I was newly pregnant and beaming with excitement as we had just hit a huge milestone in making it past our other losses. I noticed my husband brought a cooler with him. Odd, but I went with it as we were just coming back from our appointment. We sat on a bench and he proceeded to take out a blanket, cheese, water and sparkling grape fruit juice, crackers and some meat. There we sat having a picnic right near the falls. It was such a romantic gift.

2. Our 5th anniversary fell on Easter Friday. (just this past April). With that the place that he wanted to take me was closed for the holiday. A few restaurants were open but most of them were just sports bar. Little did he know I LOVE the place we ended up going. When we got to the restaurant he had me wait outside. When he brought me in he turned what normally would have been a crape paper table top and crayons into a full dinning set, complete with table cloth, glowing hearts, 2 little vases, place mats and had them bring our drinks to us before I got in there. I was so floored and in love with this man all over again. It was beautiful and yes I consider something like that a gift. It takes time, thought and preparation.

For mothers day my only requirement is that it have thought behind it. Whatever I get or where ever we go just that it be with my beautiful family and I'm happy. I don't expect fancy jewlery (I don't really wear much any ways), I don't want an expensive gift. So when my husband asks me what I want for this mothers day, it'll likely be "the love and support of my family." May sound cheesy but that's what matters most to me.

No comments: