Nap Time Crafts: Vol #3 - Reusable Work sheets - TLC Mom

Friday, February 21, 2014

Nap Time Crafts: Vol #3 - Reusable Work sheets

While my Daughter is a bit away from doing anything like this I still wanted to make up a few for my nephews who would find something like this useful.

I always love the workbooks you can get for you kids, but I often disliked how once you were done with using the lesson it was written on and you couldn't revisit it unless you copied the page prior to using. Remember the Laminator I purchased the other day? Well I got thinking instead of either loosing out on old lessons and or having to print out more pages, why not find a way to make them reusable? It hit me that I could use the Laminating sheets and laminate some work pages (I put 2 in per pouch so that you have front to back usage)  Then use a dry erase marker for marking the pages and then erasing after use.

While I realize this is great in theory this could also be an epic fail with anything marker and kids. So that bit I'm going to have to figure out. But in a 4 and 5 year old they know a bit better what is okay and what isn't (let a girl dream okay). So that I'm not worried about. I'm also planning on laminating some free baby sign cards again double sided for better use of the laminating pouches.

I also was able to laminate a few free educational games that I'm going to have on had to take with us. I'm really excited about being able to do things like this and have them on hand for trips and educational activities that don't require the usage of a tablet or phone. But also allows us to be included in on the fun.

What you need:
- laminator (you can get some for as low as $20. Mine I got for around $40 but all the projects I can do with this will end up paying for itself very quickly. Also very very nice to use with scrapbooking or for keepsakes like foot and hand prints done on paper/cardstock or Christmas ornaments.)
- laminating pouches (whatever size your project is)
- Printed free work sheets. There's many available on the internet for personal use.

Laminator, lamination pouches and my work sheets

No comments: