Visions of you make my heart flutter - TLC Mom

Friday, February 21, 2014

Visions of you make my heart flutter

Every day around 4 o'clock at work I start to get antsy. I just want to see my daughter and hold her tight. It's the absolute highlight of my day besides the giant morning smiles I get. It's been a really nice change from the normal waking and crying she used to do (will still do from time to time). Being able to see her smiling face in the morning just makes me light up and giggle.

I find at the end of the work day I'm pining to get out the door. Before I had her I'd look for ways to stay 30 minutes more or I'd simply loose track of time. Now when Paul tells me it's time to go I feel (literally) heart flutters and then I always get this vision of her doing one of her laughs and or smiles and it jsut makes me kick my butt into gear even faster. It never gets old, I never tire of being a mother. She makes being a mother so rewarding in so many ways. Sure she cries and yes she gets fussy but those smiles are so rewarding. After she comes down from her fussy times.

At times I even will find myself laughing when she cries. Not at her mind you but at the situation. I never thought in a million years that's how I'd handle her crying but honestly it keeps me from getting overwhelmed and stressed. Often at times it also seems to help her come down from whatever is bothering her/has her in a snit.

Today I'm just feeling abundantly blessed and wanted to share those blessed feelings with you.


No comments: