Out with the Old, In with the New? - TLC Mom

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Out with the Old, In with the New?

When you've rented many places starting out with a fully furnished place you slowly start to accumulate 'things'. Most of them you don't need. With packing I've realized how happy I am to be moving. Partly because I can do away with all these 'things' we stuffed into corners, drawers and cabinets.

And those boxes we've moved from home to home. yeah if that hasn't been touched yet time for us to get the hint ;).

Now that we have Anastasia I've really started evaluating needs vs wants. Sometimes I won't throw something out because I think later on I'll need it and I don't want to spend the money on it again. Just ask my ever growing fabric stash. New home means new decor, right? ;)

I've contemplated many times just doing away with more than half of our things. I'm a person who likes to look kind of matchy and have a nicely decorated home. Renting never really allowed for us to do that. We'd buy certain things on sale and wouldn't think about how it matched our decor plans. Now that we're buying I want to kind of start fresh and have a plan for each room. Dust off those couch pillow's I have and put some nice design on them.

I want it to feel like home, but lets be honest I also want friends to comment on the decor and the welcoming feeling they get. Our home right now is a mess between moving and everything else it's just in massive disarray. I cannot wait for some kind of organization. Truth is our home has always been a mess because some of our stuff just doesn't have a place. When something doesn't have a place what happens to it? It gets stuffed wherever there is space for it for the time being. My number one goal is organization, I've always wanted one of those massive wall organization units. Hmm another project for my husband I think :) 

I see this new house as a blank canvas and I just want to finally have our home feel like our home and match our personalities.

During the next year Pinterest will be a site that is well utilized. I cannot wait to share what our blank to fully finished canvas will look like! There will certainly be some more DIY posts less naptime crafts mind you because baby girl just doesn't nap like she used to.

Definitely need to weigh what we'll do. We're lucky in that any furniture we've bought has a neutral feel to it. White pleather couch and sand colored recliners. Then I have a triptych canvas set of one of my photos. A white rose from our wedding day.

Can't you tell I'm just biting at the bit to get started? I think it would help alleviate my stress ;) but wait then I'd be adding more projects to my list... All the more reason to get done what I need to do now so that I have time to do all of these other projects :)

See I do this to myself, the stress that is.

  Just incase you needed an extra  dose of adorable.



------------------------------------------- 

Thank you for reading! Please show some love by voting for our blog

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments: