Hey, I just want to sit up! - TLC Mom

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Hey, I just want to sit up!


 
Anastasia over the past week has gotten into a phase where all she wants to do is sit up or her other favorite activity laying completely flat. She doesn't like the 'almost' sitting up where she's slightly reclined, no that sends her into a tizzy. It must be completely upright and has to know what's going on. Darling, you're more like your mother than you realize right now, hahaha!

It's gotten to a point that her all time favorite activity, bathing has been ruined by this need to sit up. Luckily with this we've discovered she's really good to go in the neck stability department so we've been putting her into her bumbo seat. Which she loves when she gets to play with her monkey and Giraffe Lamaze toys (love those toys as they have so much versatility to them for babies). This also prompted a rush trip to the store to buy a jumper for her. While she can't even reach the floor yet she loves her play tables. We got the Little Einsteins jumperoo as it seemed to have really good reviews. I haven't used it enough to say one way or the other, but it is clear she loves it, of course she does, she's sitting up according to her standards ;)

I should also dub her the drool monster of the year, causing more outfit changes than when she had her horrible spit up episodes. Which by the way we switched her formula to Enfamil A.R and what a difference it's made! Minimal spit up and we have a happier little girl who poops far softer than she was before. This was a change we made on our own as I felt it would be best and I'm very glad we did that instead of waiting to see the doctor. We do use the aid of Karo Syrup (per our pediatrician's advice) when we notice she just is having issues but that's a rare occurrence and I really don't want to have to use it if I don't have to.

Grandma has been watching her for the past week as her godmother has been put on bed rest. I must say Grammy just LOVES spending this time with her. We have the webcam on that streams so I'm able to peek in during work to see how they're both doing. Well lets be honest it's so I can get a dose of seeing my daughter if even for a moment :) Love watching them go from the play mat, to the swing, to the jumperoo, to her rock n play,  then back in grammy's arms. I must say I'm glad to see that she's enjoying everything we have for her. I was worried an item would go to waste but really it hasn't. 

Her demanding to situp has just given me a glimpse of her character. The first few months of her life it's hard to get a gauge on who she was and is. Now we're really starting to see her personality she's stubborn, extremely active and very happy. She gets excited about certain things and her entire body shows it from her pursed lips, to her big eyes and feveriously kicking legs.

On another happy note, Anastasia and I won a blog giveaway a few weeks ago. We're so excited to receive what we won. A very very amazing blanket from GooseWaddle that I'll do a review on once we get the items. Thank you to Ashley over at ....Every Little Beautiful Piece   for hosting the giveaway. Please check out her blog! Thanks again, Ashley. We really appreciated the opportunity to participate in your giveaway.


No comments: