Great sleeper - not so much anymore. - TLC Mom

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Great sleeper - not so much anymore.

I'm sure the worlds smallest violin is playing for me right now.
But my amazing sleeper stopped being so amazing when she was 6 months. The curse of teething! When you're used to having a good sleeper it sucks when they regress. But I realize we had it good for a little while.

Now our routine consists of waking up 2 times a night and Anastasia seems to be crying in her sleep. As soon as I pick her up silence and she's back to sleeping. It sucked at first but now I'm just getting used to it. Get up hold her, go to my recliner then when 20 minutes has passed put her into her rnp and have DH bring the rnp in our room while I move the arms reach co-sleeper. Sleep for a few more hours then get back up, rinse and repeat.

I still live for those morning smiles though, which are getting a bit more sparce because of this new routine. You can't help but pour yourself a cup of coffee and go snuggle the little girl that kept you awake at night.

Wait for the transition to her room and crib saga. We're waiting until we move. But I'm secretly loving our situation right now because I have a feeling it may be worse. The one good thing is in the new house there's plenty of space in the master bedroom to have her crib far away from our bed but still on the same level. Our bedroom is downstairs and the others are upstairs. I really didn't want her to be upstairs just yet.

So save that tune for when I come back with that change :)

On the plus side she made it through her first thunderstorm without waking up. This one was a pretty big one as well. The night before we managed to escape the storms and managed to capture a few good photos.

No comments: